Sunday, May 11, 2008

My crib... my house... Renovation...


The renovation of my house begun last week, on May 5th, 2008. I hired some ‘tukangs’ to do the renovation. I’ve made some comparison before on which is cheaper: hire a contractor and I won’t be worried about providing the materials, or hire ‘tukang’ and I must provide and buy all the materials myself. I chose to hire ‘tukang’ instead ‘cause it’s cheaper. My father helped me finding the ‘tukang’. And it’s pretty exciting too actually to go somewhere, pick the materials, compare them, and finally bought them. It’s new thing for me, and it excites me too.

So here I am, going back and forth to Cibubur every weekend, check out the progress of the renovation, looking and purchasing some materials needed. The most unexciting moments are when I have to transfer the payment to some building material stores… ha… ha… ha… My budget is running out like water…

The changes I made for my house are pretty simple actually. I just need to close the remaining ample space at the back of the house, building up the wall for about 1.5 meters, building a concrete at the top so that in the future if I want to build my house up it will be much easier. Then I move the kitchen to the back of the house, add another bathroom, make a gazebo or ‘pendopo’ for musholla, and add a small garden as the inner court. The design is more or less as in the picture here.

Hopefully, the renovation will take about 1 month. I estimate it will be ready at the soonest early June. Wow…, I just can’t wait to see it finished. Next steps will be building a kitchen set and filling the house with furniture. But I’ll do it slowly next time as I’m running out of budget. Please… donators out there, is there anyone who would lend me some money…? Ha…ha…ha… ;p

At the end, it’s fun and good for me to have something going on right now considering what I’ve been through for the last couple of weeks back… Well, at least I can distract my attention from the challenges, which is still going on until this very day, to things related to my house renovation. Anyway, I’m really enjoying this… And I’m trying not to think about my challenges every now and then.

No comments: