Sunday, March 09, 2008

My Favorite Cheese Cake...


This is my favorite cheese cake recipe. I made one today, and I’m typing while having my slice… Hmmm… Yummy…

Ingredients
1 cup sweet biscuit crumbs (I use one pack of McVitties contains of 20 biscuits and crush it)
½ cup butter, melted (or unmelted)
2 x 250g Philadephia brand cream cheese, softened at room temperature
2 teaspoons gelatine dissolved in ¼ cup boiling water (make sure you use halal gelatine which was made by non-animal ingredients)
1 x 400 grams can sweetened condensed milk (I use Indomilk)
½ cup lemon juice (I squeeze 1 fresh lemon instead of juice)
2 tablespoon grated lemon rind (I use lemon zest)

Directions
Mix biscuit crumbs with melted butter (I prefer unmelted butter), and press into base of a 20cm springform pan. Chill.
Beat the cream cheese with an electric beater until smooth, mix in gelatine mixture, condensed milk, lemon juice and rind.
Pour onto crumb base and chill in refrigerator (2-3 hours or overnight). Top with a selection of fresh fruits and serve (I never put any toppings, just like it plain and original).

Tips: 1 cup biscuit crumbs equals approximately 10 sweet biscuits, crushed.

There you go… A plain and simple cheese cake with original and luscious taste… Hmmm… Really yummy…, I scoop my last bite of cheese cake on my plate…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pingin nyiciiiip!
Ditunggu di Al Azhar, ya Ik
atau pas arisan, deeh...

Iik said...

He..he.. boleh... boleh... Tp tunggu bahan2nya lengkap ya...

TrueMom said...

what about your diet program...? or Cheese cake's included on the program....

Iik said...

Hi..hi.. Guilty as charged. Tapi ini kan menu week-end... Kan kita udah sepakat untuk loosen up a little bit on week-ends. Ha..ha.. another excuse...