Sunday, March 02, 2008

My Favorite Preacher

I would consider this experience as the precious one in my life. It happened last January this year when the company that I work for invited a religious preacher to give preach about syariah law and product at the annual agency convention in Jakarta. And I was appointed to arrange all the preparation. Then, we invited Ustadz Ikhsan Tanjung to give preach about syariah fundamental and syariah product to match with the company’s objective which is to boost syariah product selling in the market.

I was so happy that my company chose to invite Ustadz Ikhsan Tanjung to the event because for me he was one of my favorite ustadz. And I really honor him. When I had a chance becoming the moderator on his preach, I was feeling so nervous and blessed at the same time. I was so nervous because for me he was such a great man so that I was so afraid of making mistakes when I was moderating his preach. And I was feeling blessed because I had a chance to meet him personally and learn many things from him, which I did from his preach that day.

Ustadz Ikhsan Tanjung was not a stranger for me. I’ve known him long time ago from his TV preaches. For me he was one of few ustadz that had strong commitment in telling only the truth according to Al Quran and Hadist. He has the quality that I find rare amongst the other popular and famous ustadz that are nowadays.

I remembered that I used to watch his preaches at TV stations. I was so impressed by his intelligence and sharpness. And one of my favorite of his TV preaches was when he discussed about Tafsir Sayyid al-Qutbh. He was so intelligent and sharp. When he conveyed a message, he delivered it so clearly and organized that the viewers, like myself would clearly and easily understand it. He is also one of the few ustadz that has strong commitment to say the truth according to Al Quran and Sunnah. When he delivered a message from Al Quran or Hadist, he delivered and explained it as it is, nothing less, nothing more. He never worried what his audiences would react or whether they would agree with it or not. What mattered for him was that what he explained and delivered was the truth according to what it says in Al Quran and Sunnah. He would never have a doubt of delivering the truth. And he would never bend his commitment just for the sake of his audiences’ satisfaction. He has that strong commitment and quality which are hardly found in other ustadz that are well-known. Some people might say that he is too strong. But in my opinion, you must be strong and convinced when you deliver something that you believe in, right?

For Pak Ustadz Ikhsan Tanjung, I really honor you and I pray to Allah that may you always have that strong commitment and quality to only tell the truth according to Al Quran and Sunnah. May you always have Allah SWT blessings and merciful. Amin ya Robbal alamin…

No comments: